Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Decision Making

I am proud of certain skills and abilities that I have that set me apart from the rest of you clowns. I have the rare skill of being able to make smart decisions on the fly. I know that a lot of you can make good decisions, but it usually takes time. In my case, calculations in my head are instant. Ka-ching! Here's an example of my brain at work.

Here's the situation. It's after 5th period, and it's 1:40. I have two options. Wait until 2:30 for a ride home, or start walking home. It takes me 18 minutes to walk home. If I walk home, I get to get started in my daily routine of slacking off and procrastination about 30 minutes earlier. However, it is very hot. If I choose to wait, I will have to somehow burn 50 minutes waiting. I also have no friends so waiting for 50 minutes is a very long and boring task. I calculated the opportunity costs and graphed the aggregate demand and supply graphs, and found the multiplier effect and crowding out balances. Then I chose to walk home with my good buddy Alex Fu.

As expected, it took 20 minutes. I walk up my steps, a tired blob. I look forward to getting into my house and sipping on some cool milk. And then my fast moving brain hits a wall. I forgot my keys in the house.

So I end up sitting in my backyard for 30 minutes thinking about how great my decision making skills are. I'm awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your posts lolololol... poor patrick.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.