Tuesday, May 29, 2007

School Spirit

At my school, school spirit is a joke. A large portion of the school does not care about it and I don't either. This Friday I presume we are supposed to wear our class colors, seniors being navy blue. We might get things called points, which go toward a class point total. Now I know this all sounds very exciting so far but there's more! At the end of the year, the winner of class points thing wins...nothing! Actually, it's more truthful to say that I don't know what they win, but I assume it's something like pride, which amounts to nothing.

This school spirit thing is really dumb. We wear the same color shirts to school and suddenly we are supposed to bond as a class and feel all united? Maybe if each class had some secret handshake and the senior class's handshake was to throw some freshman into a garbage can more people would have school spirit. Maybe if the losers had to line up in the football field while the winning class got to launch watermelons at them more people would care. But nope! We just wear shirts and some other stuff that I don't care enough about to remember. How cool!

Furthermore, who really cares about school spirit? Since there isn't any really big event tied in with "school spirit" at our school, there is no motivation for me to get into the whole concept of being associated with a bunch of losers. Seriously, our senior class kind of sucks. I know that in any large group of people there are always bound to be losers but does there have to be so many?

But back on topic. Wear navy blue on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. "Maybe if the losers had to line up in the football field while the winning class got to launch watermelons at them more people would care."

    LOL OMG I would have SO much school spirit if that was the case...LOL What an awesome idea...

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.