Monday, December 21, 2009

How To Make An Interesting Blog Post

A lot of people have extremely boring blogs. Here’s an example. Why be boring? It is really easy to talk about something interesting. Here’s how.

The easiest thing to do is just talk about your day. I’ll take you through the process. Here is a bare bones version of my day.

I got a haircut today. I then played basketball.

This is not very interesting. What we have to do next is add a few interesting details. Keyword: Interesting.

I got a very interesting haircut today. Interestingly enough, I then played basketball.

No, not like that!

I got a haircut today. It is too short now. I then played basketball in the dark and rain.

Now that is a bit better, but we need to make the story have some bang. Throw in some stories, make things up if you have to. Just try not to go overboard with the lies or people will stop paying attention, just like the kid who cried wolf.

I got a haircut today. I went to a new place in town. The barber’s name was Sweeney Todd, which I found to be quite an uncommon name. He cut my hair very short. I have been told that I look like Joey Li, which I think may be a bad thing.

I then went to play basketball with a few friends. It started raining but we kept at it. We saw Lebron James and he asked to play a game with us. We politely declined. He then said ‘Do you know who I am?’. We threw several responses to him, including ‘LeBrick’, ‘King Crab Dribble’, ‘The Chubby One’, and ‘No I don’t’. We then ignored him. It then started getting dark so we coudln’t see him anymore and continued playing. 

And there you have it. An interesting story that’s based on my day. Simple as pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.