Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why We Should All Be Vegetarian

I remember one person once told me that more and more people are realizing that meat isn't the greatest thing for your body, and that more and more people are eating fish. Even though fish is kind of like meat anyways, the point probably was that being a fish will suck more than normal because there's a greater chance of being eaten. Here are a few reasons to become a vegetarian. Keep in mind that I myself will completely disregard my own reasons so don't feel any pressure to be swayed by them at all.
1. Eating meat is probably just a fad.

One day, a long time ago, a caveman saw a saber tooth tiger take down and eat a mammoth. Since the caveman was a guy, it seemed pretty awesome so he tried it too to be awesome like the saber tooth tiger. So basically people started eating meat because it was the cool thing to do. Fads pass though.

2. It's not nice to eat other animals.

They have feelings. If you yell at a dog it'll get all sad and its tail will stop wagging. Plants are a different story. Try going out to a carrot patch and start yelling at the carrots. Those pricks won't even respond to you. They were probably ignoring you too. I wouldn't feel sorry for chopping them up and eating them.

3. Mad Cow Disease

If we don't eat cows, we won't get mad cow disease. I'm no expert on mad cow disease but I'm pretty sure it's caused by cows that are angry. Why would they be angry you ask? Because we keep eating them. We should just release them all to the wild. They'd still be eaten by wolves though and we wouldn't have any more milk. So I guess we need cows. But we can't eat them.

2 comments:

  1. maybe vegetables are paralyzed! that doesn't give you a reason to chop them up and eat them =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.