Saturday, January 19, 2008

Games Stress Me Out

Recently I found a computer game I never had much time to play before so I decided to give it a little love. Monopoly Tycoon is a game made in 2001, and it's quite simple. Without going into too much detail, you build businesses on blocks and try to earn the most money. The blocks are named after the Monopoly property titles to give it that whole obligatory Monopoly tie-in. It's a pretty simple and fun game, aimed toward younger kids, as such I was in the year 2001. Many guides online stated that the computer was pretty easy, and the real challenge lay in the multiplayer games where you match wits with other little kids.

I discovered a few things after a few days of playing.

1. In a 2001 game, medium level computers can beat me.

2. In a old 2001 game, lowly medium level computers can beat me.

3. In a old 200-freaking-1 game, lowly medium level crap computers can beat
crush the orange juice out of me as if I was an orange.

What I'm trying to get across is that I lost a lot on the medium difficulty setting on an "easy" game. This isn't good for my self esteem at all. After enduring those losses, every subsequent game was nerve wracking. Fear and doubt started to creep in. "Should I build here? Or maybe there? Maybe anywhere? I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am." I got so twitchy that I'd try to click on the mouse once, and end up clicking 5 times. People would have thought there was a woodpecker in the house. My hand got so sweaty that the mouse flew right off of it and killed a fly. All of this because one thought kept running through my mind, "In the name of Thor's manly hair, how am I losing?"

The moral of this story? Don't play easy games and lose.

2 comments:

  1. let's play yahoo pool so i can lower your self esteem a little more. jkjk!! but really, lets play pool (8

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... you should try playing the normal computer monopoly game. that is fun, and you can never lose if you create a few more players to manipulate and get money from.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.