Monday, June 11, 2007

Making Friends At College

We're going off to college. We have to make friends. New ones. For the people with poor memory, that means forgetting people from high school to make room for the new acquaintances. It is a sad sad thing but it is inevitable. It will be even more drastic of a change for the people who are going far away, such as to the miserable place known as the east coast. Although I myself am not very good at making friends, I have my own opinion on this matter.

There are six categories of people. I would make a chart to show you, but I do not know how to make charts and put them in here. Also, charts are for snobs. There are three types of people in the sense that some people talk a lot to everyone, some people talk a lot to only people they are friends with, and some people don't talk at all. There are two other groups. People who talk about interesting things, and people who talk about things that are not interesting.

1. Interesting/Talkative

These people are fun to be around. They talk a lot to you even if you are a stranger, and they talk about interesting things. They are the life of a party. They are who you want to hang around.

2. Interesting/Talkative to friends

These people are okay too because they are still willing to talk if you just talk to them first and introduce yourself. As long as you don't scare the grape juice out of them upon first sight, you might actually get some conversation going. These people are fun to be around too.

3. Interesting/Not Talkative

These people don't talk. But they are very interesting people because they may be all mysterious and cool looking. These people are the ones who have sunglasses on and just leaning in the corner, slowly observing the world. They are interesting, but unaccessible.

4. Not Interesting/Talkative

You want to either shoot these people, or at least cause some bodily harm to them. These people are easily distinguished by the dead bodies lying around them from people being literally bored to death. If you see them run, you can either be polite, stay, and listen, and eventually die, or you can run for your life.

5. Not Interesting/Talkative to Friends

Sucks to be their friends. That's all I can say. The only good thing that can come out of this is when a lot of not interesting people all band together and talk to each other.

6. Not Interesting/Not Talkative

This is me. Don't be like me. Don't do it.

I hope I don't meet a lot of "Not Interesting/Not Talkative" people at my college. Maybe we could all hang out and upgrade one level to "Not Interesting/Talkative to Friends" one day!

3 comments:

  1. yeah Patrick I'm going to find you in college and #4 you to death :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...no actually I think you're around #3, excluding the cool sunglasses bit. BD

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I assume multiple personalities.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment! If you do comment as an anonymous user, leave some way for me to figure out who you are so I can thank you personally for blessing my blog with a comment.